How do you stop a dripping bathtub faucet?
Here’s what to do:
- Shut off your water source. Depending on your home’s setup, you may be able to shut off the water by going under the sink.
- Pry off the handle insert.
- Unscrew the handle screw.
- Replace the washer.
- Replace the handle and handle insert.
- Turn the water back on.
What causes a leaky bathtub faucet?
The annoying and costly non-stop drip from a bathtub faucet is generally caused by the failure of small washers. You don’t need a plumber to fix the problem. The faucet handle attaches to a stem and when you turn the handle it moves the stem. Small washers are attached to the end of the stem with screws.10 Dec 2018
How do you fix a leaky single handle bathtub faucet?
Suggested clip 116 seconds
DANCO HOW TO | Fixing a Leaky Tub/Shower Faucet – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you repair a bathtub faucet?
- The exposed rubber part at the very top of your faucet’s stem is called the seat washer, and it is designed to seal off the water flow.
- Loosen the screw holding the washer together and screw in a new one.
- If your tub faucet is still leaking after swapping out this piece, you may need to replace the faucet stem.