To pin data in the same place and see it when you scroll, you can freeze rows or columns.
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select a row or column you want to freeze or unfreeze.
- At the top, click View. Freeze.
- Select how many rows or columns to freeze.
How do you fix the first row in Google Sheets?
Freeze Columns and Rows in Google Sheets
To begin, select a cell in the column or row you’re looking to freeze and then click View > Freeze from the top menu. Click “1 Column” or “1 Row” to freeze the top column A or row 1. Alternatively, click “2 Columns” or “2 Rows” to freeze the first two columns or rows.13 Nov 2019
How do I make a title row in Google Sheets?
Suggested clip 72 seconds
How to create a header row in Google Sheets – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you keep the top row in sheets when scrolling?
Freeze columns and rows
- Select the cell below the rows and to the right of the columns you want to keep visible when you scroll.
- Select View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Panes.
How do I lock cells in sheets?
Protect, hide, and edit sheets
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Click Data. Protected sheets and ranges.
- Click Add a sheet or range or click an existing protection to edit it.
- To protect a range, click Range. To protect a sheet, click Sheet.
- Click Set permissions or Change permissions.
- Choose how you want to limit editing:
- Click Save or Done.
How do I lock rows in Google sheets for sorting?
The following are steps for freezing rows or columns in Google Sheets:
- Highlight the row(s) or column(s) you would like to freeze.
- Select View from the menu items.
- To choose the number of rows or columns you wish to freeze, hover over Freeze rows or Freeze columns and select accordingly from the drop-down list.
How do I make a header row in sheets?
- Click the sheet you want to edit. To create a new sheet, click the “Blank” option at the top-left corner of the list.
- Insert a blank row into the sheet.
- Type your headers into the header row.
- Click the number beside the header row.
- Click the View menu.
- Click Freeze.
- Click 1 row.
How do you insert a footer in Google Sheets?
Add dates, titles, or names to every page in a document using headers and footers. You can do this with Google Docs, but not Google Sheets or Slides.
Add headers & footers
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- In the top left, click Insert.
- Choose Header or Footer.
- Enter text for the header or footer.
How do you make the first row of Excel as header?
- Click the [Page Layout] tab > In the “Page Setup” group, click [Print Titles].
- Under the [Sheet] tab, in the “Rows to repeat at top” field, click the spreadsheet icon.
- Click and select the row you wish to appear at the top of every page.
- Press the [Enter] key, then click [OK].