What is good for a slow draining tub?
Take one cup of baking soda, one cup of vinegar and one of salt, if you want some extra power, and make sure there’s no water in the tub. Dump the baking soda into the drain, followed by the salt, and finally the vinegar. If everything goes to plan, you should see a lot of froth; satisfying, if nothing else.
How do you unblock a slow draining bathtub?
How to Unclog a Bathtub Drain Using Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Pour a half cup of baking soda down the drain opening.
- Pour a cup of white vinegar down the drain opening.
- The combined ingredients should foam for five minutes.
- Run the hot water and allow it to run through the drain for a minute or so.
How do you treat a slow drain?
Try a naturally biodegrading drain cleaner or this homemade remedy: Pour in a half cup of baking soda, then a whole cup of white vinegar. Cover the drain for five minutes and flush it with a gallon of boiling water. Some clogs call for a plunger.
How do you unclog a bathtub with standing water?
- Clear all the blockage from the drain.
- Remove all standing water from the sink or tub.
- Clear the overflow drain if there is one, then plug it with a rag.
- Begin plunging the drain, pushing in and out.
- Run hot water down the drain for 5-10 minutes to clear any other blockages.