10 Ways to Relieve a Toothache
- Apply a cold compress. In general, there are two ways to stop or blunt toothache pain.
- Take an anti-inflammatory.
- Rinse with salt water.
- Use a hot pack.
- Try acupressure.
- Use peppermint tea bags.
- Try garlic.
- Rinse with a guava mouthwash.
15 Jan 2018
How do you stop a toothache at home?
Keep reading to learn more.
- Salt water rinse. For many people, a salt water rinse is an effective first-line treatment.
- Hydrogen peroxide rinse. A hydrogen peroxide rinse may also help to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Cold compress.
- Peppermint tea bags.
- Vanilla extract.
- Guava leaves.
18 May 2017
What can I do for severe tooth pain?
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water.
- Gently floss to remove food or plaque between teeth.
- Apply a cold compress to your jaw or cheek.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication like acetaminophen.
- Try home remedies for toothaches like clove oil to numb the gums.
28 Jan 2019
Will a toothache go away?
Dull Nagging Toothache
It will usually go away after taking over the counter painkillers, but you should not use this as a substitution for treatment. It may be caused by nerve damage or tooth decay, so consult your dentist immediately. This type of pain is frequently seen in people who grind their teeth.22 Mar 2016
How long does a toothache last?
The pain lasts longer than 1-2 days (even if it comes and goes). The pain is so severe that it interferes with your daily activities or sleep. You also have a fever, earache, or pain when opening your mouth.