Why is my touch lamp not working?
Unplug the touch lamp and remove the light bulb if it still doesn’t work.
Replace a light bulb, plug the touch lamp into the outlet and check its function.
If the lamp fails to come on, you’ll need to check the socket wiring.
Remove the light bulb and unplug the lamp.27 Dec 2018
How do I reset my touch lamp?
Resetting the touch lamp requires replacing the touch-control box.
- Remove the finial holding the shade onto your touch lamp.
- Move the touch lamp to a work surface.
- Look inside the lamp for the touch-control box.
- Wrap a piece of tape around the lamp wire that connects to the black wire from the touch control.
9 Dec 2018
How do I fix my touch lamp sensor?
You can do it by following these steps.
- Troubleshoot the problem.
- Unplug the touch lamp, and pry off the bottom with a butter knife.
- Replace the touch sensor located at the base of the lamp.
- Check any fuses inside the lamp.
- Install a new power control transistor, called a thyristor or TRIAC.
17 Jul 2017
How does a touch lamp work?
Touch lamps work on the principle of capacitance – the amount of charge something can soak up. When we make contact with a touch lamp, we alter its capacitance. The lamp detects this and switches on or off accordingly.