Why is the top layer of my nails peeling off?
When hands are routinely exposed to water or even cold, dry air, the top layers of your nails can “delaminate ” and therefore peel.
Usually, polish will help seal the layers together.
Using a good hand lotion also helps.
However, excessive peeling may mean your diet is lacking in a nutrient called linoleic acid.19 Oct 2011
How can I fix my peeling nails at home?
1. Soak nails in olive oil. For weak, thin nails, soak them in extra virgin olive oil 10-15 minutes a day for a month, then twice a week thereafter. This inexpensive home beauty treatment will help fortify damaged, weak or peeling nails.21 Sep 2017
How do you treat peeling nails?
Attack Peeling Nails From the Outside
- Soak your nails in olive or coconut oil.
- Use gentle polish remover.
- Try nail-hardening polish and topical treatments.
- Consider forgoing polish altogether for a while.
- Wear gloves.
1 Apr 2019
What Vitamin Are you lacking if your nails are peeling?
– A deficiency in B-complex vitamins, especially biotin, will produce ridges along the nail bed. – A diet lacking in calcium contributes to dry, brittle nails. – A lack of folic acid and vitamin C can lead to hangnails. – Insufficient dietary essential oils, like omega-3, cause cracking.15 Nov 2017