How do I restart the print spooler?
Through Windows Services List
- Press and hold down the hotkeys Windows and R.
- Type msc in the Run command box, and press Enter.
- In the window that appears next, scroll down to find Print Spooler.
- Right-click on Print Spooler and choose Stop, Start, or Restart as required.
What causes printer spooler error?
Usually if there is an issue with one document that has been sent to the printer and has been added to the print queue by the spooler, it will cause all print jobs behind it in the queue to stop. These can include: Data or documents in the spooler becoming corrupt and the spooler can’t translate it for the printer.29 Jul 2014
How do I fix the print spooler in Windows 10?
How to fix print spooler using Services
- Open Start on Windows 10.
- Search for services.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service and select the Properties option.
- Click the General tab.
- Click the Stop button.
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
- Type the following path and press Enter:
3 Jan 2020
How do I fix printer spooler?
Fix for “The print spooler service is not running” Error in
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“.
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
What is the printer spooler?
A software program in Microsoft Windows that is responsible for managing all print jobs currently being sent to the computer printer or print server. The print spooler program allows a user to delete a print job being processed or otherwise manage the print jobs currently waiting to be printed.
How do I restart my printer spooler?
Start the Print Spooler service from the Services console
- Click Start, click Run, type services. msc, and then click OK.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Stop.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Start.
How do you clear the print spooler?
- Select Start.
- Type Command .
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
- Type net stop spooler then press “Enter“.
- Type del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q then press “Enter“.
- Type net start spooler then press “Enter“.
- The print queue on your Windows should now be cleared.
What does printer error spooling mean?
The error “Print Spooler error 1053” means the spooler service is unable to register its status in service control manager. You will see this error message repeated every time when you try to start this service or when try to add or install a printer or try to print a document.