Troubleshoot Internet through My Account
- Go to the Internet Service tab in My Account (you may be asked to sign in using your Xfinity ID and password).
- Scroll down to Devices. Find the modem and select Restart Modem.
- Select Start Troubleshooting to begin your modem restart. This can take up to seven minutes.
Why is my Xfinity WiFi not working?
Make sure you’re connected to the network, either by signing in with your WiFi network name and password or by using an Ethernet cable. Sign in and tap Internet and then Restart this device. For more information on restarting your modem, see Reboot Your Wireless Gateway, Modem or Router.
How do I reset my Xfinity WiFi?
Suggested clip 91 seconds
How to Reset Your Xfinity Cable and Voice Modem – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I fix my WiFi connection?
Step 1: Check settings & restart
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect.
- Press your phone’s power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart.
How do you get rid of Xfinity WiFi?
Sign in to My Account or the My Account app and click or touch the Services tab/icon. From the Services page, under Internet, click Manage Internet. Scroll down to Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices and click Manage Devices. Click Remove to remove your device from the list of registered devices.
Why I can’t connect to my wifi?
Check router name and password when your phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi. The reason why you have a connection problem might be because you’re trying to connect to the wrong network. Re-enter the password for the network you’re trying to connect to and see if it solves your problem.
Why can’t I find my WIFI?
Check the WLAN LED indicator on your wireless router/modem. Make sure your computer/device is still in the range of your router/modem. Go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings, and check the wireless settings. Double check your Wireless Network Name and SSID is not hided.
How do you reset your WiFi?
Steps to Reboot a Router and Modem
- Unplug the router and the modem.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in the modem.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug in the router.
- Wait at least 2 minutes.
- When the router and modem restart, test to see if the problem went away.
How do I set up Xfinity WiFi?
- Make sure WiFi is turned on.
- Tap the WiFi icon to show the list of available WiFi networks.
- Make sure WiFi is set to ON.
- Once WiFi is turned on, wait a moment as your Android tablet detects the WiFi networks in range.
- Find xfinitywifi from the list of available networks and tap it.
What is the WPS button?
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is a wireless network security standard that tries to make connections between a router and wireless devices faster and easier. WPS works only for wireless networks that use a password that is encrypted with the WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols.
How do I see the WiFi password on my phone?
Navigate to System->etc->WiFi and open wpa_supplicant. conf file. If the file manager app asks you how to open the selected configuration file, select the built-in HTML or the text file viewer. Once you open the file, you will be able to view all the passwords of the connected WiFi networks using your Android phone.
How do I fix the WiFi on my phone?
How to Fix WiFi Connection on Android Phone Tablet
- 1 Restart the Android Device. Hold down the power button on your Android device.
- 2 Make Sure the Android Device is in Range.
- 3 Delete the WiFi Network.
- 4 Reconnect the Android Device to the WiFi.
- 5 Restart the Modem and Router.
- 6 Check the Cables to the Modem and Router.
- 7 Check the Internet Light on Modem and Router.
How do I reset my Internet?
To RESTART (reboot) your modem:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem. Verify you have unplugged the correct cord by checking that all the lights on the modem are turned OFF.
- Plug the power cord back into the modem.
- Wait for the internet light to turn green.
- Try connecting to the internet.