What is the fastest way to cure a cough?
Here, we look at 12 of these remedies in more detail.
- Honey tea. Share on Pinterest A popular home remedy for coughs is mixing honey with warm water.
- Ginger. Ginger may ease a dry or asthmatic cough, as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Marshmallow root.
- Salt-water gargle.
How do you get rid of a cough in 5 minutes?
Suggested clip · 40 seconds
How to Stop Coughing – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How can I stop coughing at night naturally?
How to Calm That Cough
- Use a humidifier to make the air moist, or breathe steam from a hot shower or teakettle before bed.
- Raise your head up a bit with an extra pillow.
- Try a saline or saltwater nose spray.
- Swallow a teaspoon of honey.
- Sip warm tea or soup.
- Suck on menthol or honey lozenges before bedtime.
What can you do for a cough that won’t go away?
Many people particularly swear by honey and fresh lemon in hot water. Keep a glass of water handy, day and night: Sipping water can help thwart a coughing fit, and the sooner you can stop one the better. Continually coughing irritates your airways further, making your cough last longer.