Here are some techniques that you can use to fix such gaps:
- Invisalign. Invisalign braces are great for closing the gaps in your teeth as well as straightening crooked teeth.
- Dental Bonding. If you want a quick fix for large gaps, you should try tooth bonding.
- Veneers and Crowns.
It’s also possible to fix gaps cosmetically through the use of dental bonding or dental veneers, such as Lumineers. In bonding procedures, a dentist applies tooth-colored resin to both teeth, filling in the gap.Dental Bonding – Dental Bonding is a quick, convenient solution for gaps between teeth. Using a tooth-colored resin material, our cosmetic dentist will harden the substance to your tooth with a light tool. We often use dental bonding to fill in small spaces while still giving smiles a natural appearance.Treatments for Gapped Teeth
- Dental Bonding. Dental bonding is the easiest, quickest, and most economical way to fix the gap between your teeth.
- Veneers. Porcelain veneers are another cosmetic procedure that can fix the gaps in between your front teeth.
- Orthodontics. For more severe cases of diastema, we may need to refer you to an orthodontist.
How do I get rid of a gap in my teeth?
7 Ways to Get Rid of Your Tooth Gap
- Consider Cosmetic Bonding. If you have a small to moderate tooth gap, your dentist can use cosmetic bonding as a conservative, relatively inexpensive, and fast fix.
- Get Dental Veneers.
- Get Treated With Clear Aligners.
- Wear Traditional Braces.
- Get a Frenectomy.
- Consider Removable Orthodontic Appliances.
- Use Tooth Gap Bands.
Why am I getting a gap in my front teeth?
Gaps may form when a person’s teeth are too small for the jaw bone. As a result, teeth are spaced too far apart. You may also develop diastema if there’s an overgrowth of the tissue that borders your gum line and your two upper front teeth. This overgrowth causes a separation between these teeth, resulting in a gap.
How long does it take to close a gap in your teeth?
The treatment can take from 6 to 9 months depending on the condition of your gaps. The second way is to make the teeth wider. Depending on your habits and the condition of your teeth, the dentist may suggest dental bonding. Dental bonding can camouflage the gap between your teeth.
Can teeth gaps close on their own?
Gaps in teeth may close by themselves
In many cases, a gap between the front teeth in the upper jaw closes by itself. Gaps between adult front teeth often close by themselves as more adult teeth come through.
Are gaps in teeth attractive?
The Gap Is Back: What Makes an Attractive Tooth Gap. There’s not just one ideal smile. Technically called a diastema, many people are very unhappy if they have a gap in their smile and want to use orthodontics to treat it. However, other people enjoy the gap in their smile and find it makes them look very attractive.
Do gaps in teeth get bigger with age?
Self-inflicted behavior. These gaps occur when people push their tongue against their front teeth when swallowing or as a result of ‘mouth jewelry’. This pushes teeth forward and makes small gaps bigger. Again, if a small gap is getting bigger, have your dentist check it.
Is gap between front teeth lucky?
According to folklore, gap-teethed women are supposedly sexier. Nobody ever trusted those old wive’s tales, but having a gap between the front teeth is supposed to mean ‘lucky in life’. If you’re to believe mythology encyclopaedias, mermaids not only have long wooly hair but beautiful gapped teeth.