Unplug your phone from the phone jack and test in another phone jack.
If you hear a dial tone, the problem is with the phone jack.
If you still do not hear a dial tone, test another phone on the first phone jack.
If the test phone has a dial tone, the problem is with the phone.29 Mar 2018
How do you fix no dial tone?
To isolate the problem:
- Hang up all your phones. Double check they’re all hung up correctly. Hang up any that are off the hook. Wait a moment, and see if this corrects the problem.
- Unplug equipment and test jack. Unplug all your equipment. First, unplug your phones from both their jacks and electrical outlets.
How do I get the dial tone back on my home phone?
Suggested clip 86 seconds
No Dial Tone – What to do – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
Why is my landline phone not working?
If the phone still doesn’t have a dial tone, then the phone itself is likely broken, or the cord isn’t working. Try a different phone cord. Before writing off the phone, try the working cord from the phone that did have a dial tone. If this doesn’t work, then you’ll need a new phone.
Why do I have dial tone but Cannot make calls?
Now if any one of the equipment piece is giving you the dial-out problem, just unplug that equipment piece and keep it separate. Do check and refer the product manual of the equipment or call the supplier. Now if the fault still persists with the main socket, then it’s high time to test the extension wiring.
How do you check if a landline is working?
To diagnose a landline phone with no dial tone, start by unplugging the phone and cord from the wall. Next, if you have a phone in the house that is working, unplug it and plug the phone that’s not working into that jack. If the phone has a dial tone, then replace the original wall jack.
How do you troubleshoot a phone?
Here are some basic fixes that can help you get out of your problem.
- Toggle Airplane Mode. Enable, then disable Airplane Mode.
- Add Connection Again. Set up your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection again.
- Restart Feature or Device.
- Scrutinize Settings.
- Come Closer to the Source.
Why is my landline saying no line?
The idle handset will display NO LINE if it does not detect a live telephone line. Check the telephone line connection both at the phone jack and the base. You may have a defective telephone cord. Try replacing cord between the jack and telephone base.
What do you do when your landline stops working?
- Unplug all phones and equipment from all telephone sockets. Make sure there is nothing left plugged in.
- Plug a working phone (not cordless) into the main phone socket (this is usually where the phone line enters your premises). See if you can make calls from it.
- Plug in your pieces of equipment one by one.