How to Fix a Scratched DVD
- Clean the disc with a mild soap and warm water. This will remove any oils and finger marks.
- Dry the disc with a lint-free cloth.
- Squeeze toothpaste on the disc.
- Rub the toothpaste on the disc in a straight motion (not in a circular motion) from the center to the outer edges.
- Wash off the toothpaste and dry the disc.
How do you fix a scratched disc with toothpaste?
Toothpaste as CD Cleaner
To restore a damaged CD, apply a dot of non-gel formulat toothpaste to a cotton cloth and rub in a straight line from the center of the CD outward, covering any scratches. Rinse off the toothpaste with water.1 Sep 2014
Can you fix a scratched DVD?
Chapstick, toothpaste, peanut butter, shoe polish, window cleaner, petroleum jelly, banana peels, and some other materials are purported to work for repairing a scratched disc, but they all have one commonality: Oil.
How can I fix my scratched CD?
Suggested clip 70 seconds
How To Fix a Scratched CD – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you get rid of deep scratches on a CD?
No parts specified.
- Step 1 How to Remove scratches from a CD.
- Take the CD to the sink.
- Let the CD air dry, or dry with towel.
- Take the toothpaste, and apply it to your index finger.
- Let the CD sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse off the toothpaste with lukewarm water.
- Let the CD air dry, or dry with a non-linen towel.