How do you fix a hairline crack in a fiberglass tub?
Fill the Crack- Using a 2-part polyester filler, mix according to instructions and apply the filler to the crack with a clean rubber spreader until the stop-drill holes and the cracks are completely filled-allow the filler to dry before proceeding.
How do you fix cracks in fiberglass?
How to Repair a Crack in Fiberglass
- Drill a tiny hole at each end of the crack. This will stop the crack from extending any further.
- Examine the crack.
- Wipe the crack with a dry rag to make sure it’s clean and dry.
- Fill the crack with a fair amount of fiberglass epoxy resin, using a plastic applicator.
- Let the epoxy dry for a day.
How do you fix a crack in a acrylic tub?
How to Use a Paste-Type Acrylic/Fiberglass Repair Kit
- Use a sharp utility knife to carve out a V shape around the edges of the damaged area.
- Wipe the surfaces clean with cloths or paper towels, then use 220-grit sandpaper to slightly roughen the entire repair area.
How do you repair a hairline crack in a porcelain sink?
How to Repair a Ceramic or Porcelain Sink
- Step 1: Clean the Sink. Remove dirt, grime and residue from the sink, using water, household all-purpose cleaner and a sponge.
- Step 2: Sand the Damaged Area.
- Step 3: Apply Repair Compound.
- Step 4: Apply Porcelain Touch-up Paint.
- Step 5: Replace Sink (Optional)