What can I do to relieve stomach pain?
Common home remedies and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines include:
- Eat less food.
- Take small amounts of baking soda.
- Use lemon and/or lime juice.
- Start a BRAT diet (banana, rice, applesauce and toast) for a day or so for symptom relief.
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol.
How do I know if my stomach pain is serious?
You should seek medical care when stomach pain is:
- Accompanied by a high fever.
- Accompanied by repeated vomiting.
- Accompanied by other serious or unusual symptoms, such as difficulty breathing or change in behavior.
- Severe or prolonged (lasting 24 or more hours)
- Localized to one particular area.
Why does my stomach hurt?
Abdominal pain can be caused by many conditions. However, the main causes are infection, abnormal growths, inflammation, obstruction (blockage), and intestinal disorders. Infections in the throat, intestines, and blood can cause bacteria to enter your digestive tract, resulting in abdominal pain.