Why is my taskbar not working Windows 10?
Restart Windows Explorer
A quick first step when you have any Taskbar issue is to restart the explorer.exe process. This controls the Windows shell, which includes the File Explorer app as well as the Taskbar and Start Menu. Then on the Processes tab, locate Windows Explorer. Right-click it and choose Restart.
How do I reset my taskbar on Windows 10?
Here is what you should do:
- Invoke the Taskbar by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut.
- Navigate to the Processes tab.
- Search the list of processes for Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the process and select Restart.
How do I fix the Windows 10 taskbar glitch?
How to Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full Screen
- Check the Taskbar Settings. Press Windows key + I altogether to open Settings. Click Personalization, and then Taskbar.
- Restart Windows Explorer to Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full Screen Issue. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Windows Task Manager.
How do I restore taskbar to bottom of screen?
How Do I Move the Taskbar Back to the Bottom?
- Right click on an unused area of the taskbar.
- Make sure that “Lock the taskbar” is UNchecked.
- Left click and hold in that unused area of the taskbar.
- Drag the taskbar to the side of the screen you want it.
- Release the mouse.
- Right click in an unused area of the taskbar, and make sure that “Lock the taskbar” is CHECKED.