Why do pressure washer pumps fail?
The two most important issues concerning breakdowns of pressure washer pump are cavitation and overheating due to excessive time in by-pass.
Cavitation is caused when there is not enough water supplied to the pump.
It is easy for the person a pressure washer to be distracted by something.
How do you troubleshoot a pressure washer?
Your Engine Won’t Start or is Lacking Power
- Run water through pressure washer until all air is removed from the hose.
- Check your air filter. Clean if dirty and replace if damaged.
- Check oil level. Change if needed.
- Top off fuel in tank.
- Make sure your spark plug is connected to the wire.
- If your engine was smoking:
How do I know if my pressure washer pump is bad?
Suggested clip · 67 seconds
How to tell if your pump is bad on your pressure washer. (Pressure
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How does a pressure washer pump work?
A typical pressure washer has either a gas-fueled engine or electrical powered motor that powers a water pump. The pump accelerates the water, supplied from a garden hose, to produce high pressure. When the trigger is pulled, the water mixes with the air and comes out of the nozzle.