Why is my Honeywell thermostat not working?
A Honeywell thermostat may be malfunctioning generally, and this is the cause of its inability to hold temperature.
If your screen is blank and unresponsive, or flashing, it may mean your thermostat’s batteries are dying.
Dirt or debris within the thermostat can also cause problems.
How do you reset a Honeywell thermostat?
You can also click here to learn how to reset your thermostat. To perform a factory reset, press and hold the settings button while you remove and re-insert one battery. You’ll then need to re-link your doorbell push button and any other Honeywell ActivLink devices.
What to do if thermostat is not working?
Check for any loose wires or terminal screws inside the thermostat. Make sure wires aren’t corroded or detached. Never remove the thermostat cover without removing the batteries or turning off the power at the fuse or breaker box. Tighten screws and secure loose wires if needed.
How do you know if your Honeywell thermostat is bad?
4 signs your thermostat is bad
- Sign #1: Your thermostat has no power or is unresponsive.
- Sign #2: Your heater or A/C won’t turn ON.
- Sign #3: Your A/C or heater runs constantly and won’t turn OFF.
- Sign #4: Room temperature and setting don’t match.
- Step #1: Make sure thermostat is on the right setting.