Thirteen home remedies for constipation
- Drink more water.
- Eat more fiber, especially soluble, non-fermentable fiber.
- Exercise more.
- Drink coffee, especially caffeinated coffee.
- Take Senna, an herbal laxative.
- Eat probiotic foods or take probiotic supplements.
- Over-the-counter or prescription laxatives.
- Try a low-FODMAP diet.
What foods will make you poop right away?
This article lists 14 healthy foods that can help you poop.
- Apples. Apples are a good source of fiber, with one small apple (5.3 ounces or 149 grams) providing 4 grams of fiber (2).
- Prunes. Prunes are often used as a natural laxative — and for good reason.
How long is too long to be constipated?
Going longer than three or more days without one, though, is usually too long. After three days, the stool or feces become harder and more difficult to pass.
What’s good for constipation?
The 17 Best Foods to Relieve Constipation
- Prunes. Dried plums, known as prunes, are widely used as a natural remedy for constipation.
- Apples. Apples are rich in fiber.
- Citrus Fruits.
- Spinach and Other Greens.
- Jerusalem Artichoke and Chicory.