What can you do with a broken mirror?
Here are five crafty ways to answer your question of what to do with broken mirror.
- Build Unique Wall Art. Shattered glass can be very beautiful if your know what to do with it.
- Decorate Old Furniture.
- Create a Jewelry Organizer.
- Fashion a Mirrored Light.
- From Mirror Frame to Picture Frame.
Can mirrored furniture be repaired?
Mirror Repair Methods for Antique Furniture. After a while, your furniture becomes worn and needs to be repaired and refurbished. The best method for repairing mirrored furniture is re-silvering it, but when the damage is too great, replacing your mirror may be more affordable.
How do you repair cracked glass?
- STEP 1: Clean the glass with dish soap.
- STEP 2: Mix up the two-part epoxy.
- STEP 3: Apply the epoxy to the crack in the glass using a putty knife.
- STEP 4: Remove excess epoxy with a razor blade and let the rest cure.
- STEP 5: Spiff up the surface with a glass cleaner.
How do you repair an old mirror?
To re-silver an old mirror you must remove it from its frame, strip it down to plain glass and clean the old glass very thoroughly. Use Multi-Strip and a plastic scraper to remove the backing paint. Use Mirror Remover and cotton balls to dissolve the silver and copper. Use one of our silvering kits re-silver the glass.