How do you fix a water damaged phone?
Steps to try to fix a water damaged smartphone:
- If your phone takes a spill, remove it from the liquid immediately.
- Turn the phone off and leave it off.
- Remove the protective case.
- If possible, open the back and remove the battery, SIM card, and microSD card.
- Use a cloth or paper towel to dab your phone dry.
How long do I keep my phone in rice to dry it out?
Many folks swear by stuffing your phone in a bag of dry rice, and letting it sit for 24 to 36 hours or more. This is cheap, easy, and can be done in a pinch. But this method could have some negatives: If the rice absorbs the water well, you may be left with a mushy rice mess stuck in its creases and I/O ports.8 Feb 2014
How do you dry out a phone that fell in water?
You’ve probably been told that the best way to dry out a phone dropped in water is to submerge it in uncooked rice. The theory goes that the rice will absorb moisture out of the hard-to-reach places inside your phone.14 Jan 2020