What would cause trailer lights not to work?
Many trailer problems are due to a poor grounding connection, which is usually the white wire coming out of the trailer plug.
If the ground is poor, lights may work intermittently or not at all.
Even if the wiring to the plug is adequate, make sure that the ground connections to the trailer frame are good.
Why does only one side of my trailer lights work?
If the lights on one side still aren’t working, you may have a break in the wire. To test for a broken wire, check the color of the wire going to the socket and then find that wire on the connector in front.
How do you test a trailer light connector?
How to Test a 4-Prong Trailer Connector Plug
- Tell your helper to turn on the ignition while you go to the connector plug.
- Tell your helper to turn on the right turn signal.
- Tell your helper to turn on the left turn signal.
- Tell your helper to shut off the turn signal and step on the brake.
- Tell your helper to release the brake and turn on the lights.
How do you redo trailer lights?
Suggested clip · 70 seconds
How To Rewire a Trailer with Universal Trailer Light Kit Using CURT
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip