10 Ways to Fix iPhone No Sound Problem
- Check out silent mode button.
- Restart your iPhone to make sound work.
- Go to the default settings.
- Plug in & unplug headphones.
- Clear any debris.
- Turn off Bluetooth.
- Restore an old version with speakers working.
- Tap the right bottom corner.
How to fix sound issues on iPhone 6s Plus
- Solution No.1: Update the app and relaunch it.
- Solution No.2: Restart your device.
- Solution No.3: Turn off Bluetooth.
- Solution No.4: Clean the headset jack, the speaker and lighting connector.
- Solution No.5: Reset all settings.
- Solution No.6: Update iOS.
Recommended workarounds and possible solutions
- Check the Ringer switch and make sure it is not set to mute.
- Check and ensure no dirt, dust or debris on the iPhone speaker.
- Reboot your iPhone 8 (soft reset)
- Adjust volume level and check audio settings.
- Verify and ensure Bluetooth is turned off.
If not, then you should keep going.
- Check the Ring/Silent switch on your iPhone 7 Plus.
- Adjust the volume level.
- Check and configure Do Not Disturb, Bluetooth, Mute and other Audio Controls.
- Restart your iPhone 7 Plus.
- Check your iPhone notification settings.
- Reset All Settings.
- Restore your iPhone 7 Plus.
- Check the hardware.
If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringers And Alerts. If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn’t set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit.Microphone Volume Options
- Tap “Settings” and “Sounds” on your iPhone.
- Slide the “Change With Buttons” slider to the “On” position. Press the “+” button on the side of the iPhone to increase the overall system volume. Press the “-” button to lower the volume. This affects the volume of the microphone as well.
2. Make sure keyboard clicks and lock sounds are enabled
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Sounds.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and make sure both Lock Sounds and Keyboard Clicks are turned to On.
- You can even toggle them off and on again just to make sure.
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
To adjust the volume of the camera shutter sound:
- Use the Ringer and Alerts settings: On iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, go to: Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- Or turn mute off / on using the Ring/Silent switch on the side of your iPhone. (The mute function is disabled in some countries).
Why is the sound not working on my iPhone?
Check the sound on your device
Go to Settings > Sounds (or Settings > Sounds & Haptics), and drag the Ringer and Alerts slider back and forth a few times. If you don’t hear any sound, or if your speaker button on the Ringer and Alerts slider is dimmed, your speaker might need service.
Why is my volume not working?
Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware. Press any external mute buttons, confirm that the speakers are turned on, and turn the volume all the way up. Test by playing a song or using the Sound control panel (click the Sounds tab, select Asterisk, and click Test). If that doesn’t work, check Windows.
Why is my volume so low?
Open up Sound in the Control Panel (under “Hardware and Sound”). Then highlight your speakers or headphones, click Properties, and select the Enhancements tab. Check “Loudness Equalization” and hit Apply to turn this on. It’s useful especially if you have your volume set to maximum but Windows sounds are still too low.
Why can’t I hear anything when I call someone iPhone?
If your iPhone is connected to a headset, you won’t be able to hear through the iPhone receiver or using speakerphone. Follow these steps, testing after each. Make sure that you don’t have anything plugged into the headphone jack or the dock connector. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.
How do I unmute my iPhone?
What is the quickest way to unmute the phone app on a locked iPhone?
- Click home button to bring up lock screen.
- Use fingerprint to unlock phone.
- Hit green bar at the top to get into the current call.
- Hit “Hide” on the keypad if it’s up.
- Finally, hit mute button to unmute.
How do I restore my sound?
Right-click on the “My Computer” icon on your desktop. Select “Properties” and choose the “Hardware” tab. Click on the “Device Manager” button. Click the plus sign next to “Sound, video and game controllers” and right-click on your sound card.
How do I get my sound back on my phone?
How to Fix It When the Speaker Is Not Working on Your Android Device
- Turn On the Speaker.
- Turn Up the In-Call Volume.
- Adjust the App Sound Settings.
- Check the Media Volume.
- Make Sure Do Not Disturb Isn’t Enabled.
- Make Sure Your Headphones Aren’t Plugged In.
- Remove Your Phone From Its Case.
- Reboot Your Device.
Why can’t I turn up the volume on my phone?
For some Android phones, you may not be able to increase or decrease the volume during setup by using the physical volume buttons, but you can adjust this in the Sounds section of your settings app. Go to your phone’s settings. Tap Sounds. Tap Volumes.