What’s the Treatment for a Wrist Sprain?
- Rest your wrist for at least 48 hours.
- Ice your wrist to reduce pain and swelling.
- Compress the wrist with a bandage.
- Elevate your wrist above your heart, on a pillow or the back of a chair.
- Take anti-inflammatory painkillers.
- Use a cast or splint to keep your wrist immobile.
13 May 2019
How can I relieve wrist pain?
wearing a wrist brace or splint to reduce swelling and ease wrist pain. applying hot or cold compresses for 10 to 20 minutes at a time. taking anti-inflammatory or pain-reliving medications, such as ibuprofen or naproxen. having surgery to repair the median nerve, in severe cases.
Does wrist pain go away?
Carpal tunnel syndrome usually isn’t serious. With treatment, the pain will typically go away and you’ll have no lasting damage to your hand or wrist.19 May 2017
Why does my wrist hurt so bad?
Wrist pain is often caused by sprains or fractures from sudden injuries. But wrist pain can also result from long-term problems, such as repetitive stress, arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome.26 Oct 2017
What helps wrist pain from typing?
If you are in pain, an immediate solution is to reduce the inflammation with an over the counter anti-inflammatory and to wear a wrist brace. If you can avoid typing, do so.