How can I fix a broken tooth at home?
Temporary Fixes for a Chipped or Broken Tooth
- If your whole tooth falls out, with the root intact, place it in a small container with milk.
- If the remaining tooth has a sharp edge, you can try covering it with chewing gum, gauze, or wax.
- If you’re experiencing a lot of pain, try taking an over-the-counter pain reliever.
30 Sep 2019
Is a broken tooth a dental emergency?
Chipped, Cracked or Fractured Teeth
If a tooth is chipped and doesn’t hurt, this usually does not constitute a dental emergency and you can wait a few days to see a dentist. A cracked or fractured tooth is a serious issue constituting a dental emergency.
How much does it cost to fix a broken tooth?
Generally, you might expect to pay the following prices for the different treatments that can fix chipped teeth: Bonding a tooth might cost anywhere from $100 to $1,000, and the total cost might depend on how much work needs to be done on a tooth. A filling might cost anywhere from $90 to $500.28 Aug 2019
How do you temporarily fix a broken tooth?
What’s a temporary fix for a chipped or broken tooth?
- If the tooth is painful, take acetaminophen or another over-the-counter pain reliever.
- If the break caused a sharp or jagged edge, cover it with a piece of wax paraffin or sugarless chewing gum to keep it from cutting your tongue or the inside of your lip or cheek.
- If you must eat, stick with soft foods.