Can you fix a scratched CD?
Incredibly, scratches in the surface of a CD or DVD can be fixed with softened wax!
As with the toothpaste fix, you can use shoe polish, lip balm, furniture wax, or even petroleum jelly.
Again, rub it into the surface of the disc to fill the scratch.
How does toothpaste fix scratches?
- Dab a small amount of toothpaste onto the end of a cotton swab or clean, soft cloth.
- Gently rub the cotton swab or cloth in circular motions on the screen until you see the scratch go away.
- After this, wipe your screen with a slightly dampened cloth to remove any excess toothpaste.
How can you clean a CD?
Suggested clip · 58 seconds
How to Clean CDs – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you get rid of deep scratches on a CD?
No parts specified.
- Step 1 How to Remove scratches from a CD.
- Take the CD to the sink.
- Let the CD air dry, or dry with towel.
- Take the toothpaste, and apply it to your index finger.
- Let the CD sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse off the toothpaste with lukewarm water.
- Let the CD air dry, or dry with a non-linen towel.
How do you clean CDs with scratches?
Part 2 Polishing the CD with Toothpaste
- Squirt the toothpaste onto a lint-free cloth. As before, a clean rag made from cotton or microfiber is ideal.
- Gently wipe the scratched area. Rub the toothpaste over the scratched area.
- Wash off the toothpaste. Hold the CD under running water.
- Dry the CD.
- Try stronger abrasives.
Does Colgate really remove scratches?
Yes, toothpaste can be used to remove scratches. Due to some chemical properties of toothpaste, it is often used as a scratch removal. Just grab a soft cloth and a smear of toothpaste, and you can erase scratches without much work involved.
What kind of toothpaste removes scratches?
The key here is to use actual toothpaste, not a gel-based toothpaste. Here’s how this method works: Dab a small amount of toothpaste onto the end of a cotton swab or clean, soft cloth. Gently rub the cotton swab or cloth in circular motions on the screen until you see the scratch go away.
Does cleaning a CD with toothpaste work?
Toothpaste as CD Cleaner
To restore a damaged CD, apply a dot of non-gel formulat toothpaste to a cotton cloth and rub in a straight line from the center of the CD outward, covering any scratches. Rinse off the toothpaste with water.
Can you clean a CD with Windex?
DO NOT use household washing materials such as windex. 2. DO NOT wipe in circles.
Can you clean a CD with alcohol?
Moisten a cotton ball with one part water and one part rubbing alcohol. Wipe the cotton ball over the CD in the same manner as you did the microfiber cloth. Rub gently to remove any stains on the CD.
Does rubbing alcohol clean CDs?
Here are some general tips for cleaning CDs and DVDs: 1. Mix rubbing alcohol and water in a one-to-one ratio and use it to clean the DVD to remove fingerprints or other oily residue. Rubbing alcohol works well because it is mild and evaporates quickly without leaving a residue.