How do you fix a water damaged phone?
Steps to try to fix a water damaged smartphone:
- If your phone takes a spill, remove it from the liquid immediately.
- Turn the phone off and leave it off.
- Remove the protective case.
- If possible, open the back and remove the battery, SIM card, and microSD card.
- Use a cloth or paper towel to dab your phone dry.
How long do I keep my phone in rice to dry it out?
Many folks swear by stuffing your phone in a bag of dry rice, and letting it sit for 24 to 36 hours or more. This is cheap, easy, and can be done in a pinch. But this method could have some negatives: If the rice absorbs the water well, you may be left with a mushy rice mess stuck in its creases and I/O ports.8 Feb 2014
Can a phone work after water damage?
First of all, don’t panic—while iPhones aren’t officially waterproof, they can withstand a certain amount of water torture (especially the later models). Some Android phones, like the latest Samsung Galaxy phones, actually are billed as waterproof, so if you have one of those you might be in no trouble at all.19 Jan 2017