How do I fix my XM antenna?
How to Splice an XM Antenna Wire
- Plug a soldering iron into a power outlet and rest it in its cradle.
- Cut both ends of the XM antenna wire cables to be spliced together, using a wire stripper/cutter.
- Strip approximately 1 inch of insulation from both ends of the cables to be spliced together, using a coaxial cable stripper.
Why is my Sirius Radio losing signal?
There may be a break, weak point, or loose connection in the wiring between the SiriusXM antenna and the tuner. Or there could be the same issues in the wiring between the tuner and your stereo. This can affect the sound quality and it may cause the radio to cut out often.
Do Sirius XM antennas go bad?
Yeah, antennas go bad all the time. A sharp kink or minor nick in the antenna’s wire can ruin it as well.4 Sep 2007
How do I reset my XM radio?
Once you’re in front of your radio, follow instructions in the text message to complete the signal refresh. Text the word “Refresh” to 77917. Text the word “Refresh” to 77917 . We’ll send you a text with special link to start the refresh radio process.
Why does my XM radio say check antenna?
From time to time, I get a check antenna message. According to XM, that means there is an issue with the antenna connection or a short somewhere in the line. According to Toyota, it means there is no signal or interferance of some kind for a moment.
Why does my Satellite Radio Say no signal?
If the prompt says “No Signal or Acquiring Signal”, make sure the antenna is properly mounted and that nothing is obstructing its view. If other aspects of the audio system are working, it’s most likely a problem with the antenna.
Can you splice a Sirius antenna?
Cut both ends of the XM antenna wire cables to be spliced together, using a wire stripper/cutter.
Why does Sirius sound so bad?
The sound quality of Sirius and XM signals via their satellites (or terrestrial repeaters) is, basically, terrible. The reason is bitrate. The two satellites use different systems, but both have around 4MHz of bandwidth to share amongst ALL the channels broadcast.
How do I factory reset my XM radio?
How to Reset a Sirius Radio Tuner
- Turn off your SIRIUS radio tuner.
- Turn the radio tuner around so the back of the unit is facing you.
- Unplug the radio tuner’s power cable from the back of unit. If your SIRIUS radio tuner has a cable connected to the port labeled “CDC,” unplug the CDC cable also.
- Wait 10 seconds.