Why is my discord stuck on updating?
To completely update Discord and fix this forever updating issue, you need to reinstall it.
If you have trouble reinstalling Discord or it doesn’t work, close your Discord in task manager.
Make sure it’s not in the system tray.
Then go to %appdata%, delete the discord folder there.
What to do if discord keeps crashing?
1) In Discord, navigate to User Settings and click on it. 2) In the left pane, scroll down to Appearance. Then in the right pane, scroll down to Hardware Acceleration and make sure it’s turned off. 3) Try streaming games in Discord again and check if the crashing in Discord issue is fixed.
How do I stop discord from updating?
Disable Discord Start Up
- Go to the bottom right in your task bar. Then look for the up arrow icon, this is the system tray.
- In the little pop up window section you will see the icon for the Discord application. Right Click on it.
- There should be a check mark next to “Run Discord when my computer starts”.
Is discord down right now?
DISCORD DOWN – UPDATE ONE: The Discord Twitter account has confirmed the popular service is experiencing issues today. Discord users have been hit by a major outage today which brought services offline.
How do I fix discord loading forever?
Stuck on the Main Connecting Screen
- Double check to make sure your date/time are set automatically.
- Scan your computer using Malwarebytes. Clear threats, restart PC, relaunch Discord.
- Ensure your firewall settings are allowing Discord to connect.
- Go to your proxy settings, and ensure that no proxies are enabled.
Why does my discord keep crashing?
Fix 3: Delete Discord app data
Deleting the app data will fix the issue if the crashing problem is caused by corrupt files or cache. 1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type %AppData%\discord and press Enter. 2) In the Discord folder, double click on the Cache folder to open it.
Why does discord crash my computer?
Causes of Discord freezing
The freezing issue can come up when the app is running in Compatibility Mode. It results from compatibility problems in the app. Hardware Acceleration: This feature can improve your performance, but it can also cause freezes, so you might want to disable it temporarily.
Why is discord not opening?
You can press shortcut key Ctrl + Shift + Esc to quickly open it. Tap Process tab, and find Discord application to click it. Then click End Task button at the right-bottom to kill the background Discord process. Then you can restart Discord to see if it can open and work well.
How do I stop discord from launching automatically?
There is also an alternative way to turn of Discord autostart for your PC.
- Open Discord.
- Go to User Settings > Windows Settings.
- Toggle the slider off next to Open Discord. [Source: Discord]
- By doing so, Discord won’t automatically start when you boot your PC.
Does discord auto update?
The App has been designed to be automatically updating itself and there is no way to change it. though.. when the app is open it won’t automatically update unless you hit the green download icon at the top.
How do I turn off background in discord?
You can go to Start > Run > Type in “msconfig” without the quotes > go to the Startup Tab > Find the discord exe and disable it.