Can you repair a plastic gas tank?
To seal a plastic gas tank with epoxy glue, start by draining the tank and letting it dry.
Then, sand the area around the hole or crack with coarse grit sandpaper, and clean it with a cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol.
Next, mix the epoxy glue, apply it over the opening, and press a fiberglass patch over the epoxy.
How do you fix a crack in a plastic gas tank?
How to Repair Cracks in a Plastic Gas Tank
- Use the sandpaper to sand the area around the crack. This helps to make the area smooth by removing jagged edges.
- Cut your fiberglass cloth into a swatch large enough to cover the hole or crack in your tank.
- Use an epoxy solution.
- Leave the tank with the epoxy alone for 20 to 30 minutes.
How do you fix a lawn mower gas tank?
How to Repair a Black Plastic Lawn Mower Gas Tank
- Drain the tank of any residual gas.
- Sand the area that needs to be repaired with the sandpaper that comes with the kit.
- Cut the enclosed fiberglass repair patch to fit the area, using scissors.
- Mix the two-part adhesive compound together from the tubes in the repair kit.
Will JB Weld work on a plastic gas tank?
A: When fully cured, J-B Weld is completely resistant to water, gasoline, and about every other petroleum product or automotive chemical. For wet-surface or submerged water or gasoline repairs, see our J-B Stik or Waterweld product information.27 Mar 2008