How do I get scratches out of my wood table?
Steps to Remove Surface Scratches:
- Moisten the sandpaper with water (lemon oil can also be used).
- Carefully sand the surface where the scratch is located. Follow the direction of the scratch. Do not oversand the area.
- Once the scratch is removed, apply a paste wax and buff with #0000 steel wool to bring back the shine.
How do you repair deep scratches in wood?
How to Fix Deep Scratches on Wood Furniture
- Clean the scratched area. Same as last time – use a soft cloth to clean up the damaged area.
- Rub mineral spirits over the scratch.
- Fill in the scratch.
- Remove excess filling.
- Sand excess filling.
- Seal the fixed area.
Does vinegar and olive oil fix wood scratches?
Domestic Bliss Squared provided a super simple and quick way to repair those scratches. Just mix a 3/4 cup of olive oil and a 1/4 cup of vinegar together. Then you just rub it on your old furniture. That’s it!
How do you get scratches out of high gloss furniture?
Suggested clip · 119 seconds
08-How to Touch up High Gloss Surface Scratches by Mohawk
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip