What works best to unclog a bathtub drain?
Home Remedies for Clogged Drains
- Baking Soda and Vinegar. Pour half a cup of baking soda followed by half a cup of vinegar down your drain and cover with a glass.
- Tweezers. This one is particularly useful for bathtub drains.
- Salt and Hot Water.
- Vinegar Ice Cubes.
- Dishwashing Liquid.
How do you fix a slow draining bathtub?
Keeping a few items on hand allows you to fix the slow bathtub drain yourself with little work.
- Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into the drain, and follow up with 1 cup white vinegar.
- Place a plunger head over the bathtub drain opening and plunge four to five times.
- Use a pipe snake in drains with heavier blockage.
What can dissolve hair in a drain?
You can effectively clear your sink with a commercial foaming drain cleaner containing bleach and acids that dissolve hair. If you prefer not to pour chemicals down your sink, you can dissolve hair naturally with baking soda, vinegar and washing soda.
How do you unclog a drain with standing water?
- Clear all the blockage from the drain.
- Remove all standing water from the sink or tub.
- Clear the overflow drain if there is one, then plug it with a rag.
- Begin plunging the drain, pushing in and out.
- Run hot water down the drain for 5-10 minutes to clear any other blockages.